The 2016 National Conference Host Committee plays an active role in both the planning and execution of our largest conference. The committee taps into its extensive knowledge of the Chicago area to elevate local issues, innovations, and communities throughout the conference.
Since September 2015, the Host Committee has collaborated with staff to accomplish the following:
- Identify nonprofit organizations as hosts for site visits and service projects.
- Recommend local speakers for plenary and concurrent sessions.
- Identify local artists to enhance cultural and entertainment offerings during the conference, and local restaurants for group dinners.
- Help raise funds to make the conference a success, through outreach to potential conference partners as well as their own generous contributions.
- Raise awareness of, participation in, and support of the conference among the local philanthropic community.
Funders and grantees often work in isolation, never realizing the issue they’re struggling with has already been tackled by someone else. The conference is a unique opportunity to network, learn and exchange problems and solutions.
—Rob DiLeonardi, Executive Director, VNA Foundation
2016 National Conference Host Committee
Exponent Philanthropy thanks and recognizes the following individuals and organizations for serving on our 2016 National Conference Host Committee:
Sharmila Rao Thakkar
The Siragusa Foundation
Host Committee Chair
Motorola Solutions Foundation
Strategic Philanthropy, Ltd.
CME Group Foundation
The VNA Foundation
The Triple EEE Foundation
William G. McGowan Charitable Fund
Harvey L. Miller Family Foundation
President & CEO