The Next Gen Fellows Program is a 6-month training fellowship for dynamic leaders roughly 18–35 years old who are involved in all types of foundations as current or soon-to-be trustees or staff. The program is designed for deep learning and peer networking to prepare the next generation for leadership roles.
In this program, you will:
- Be guided by experienced practitioners and field leaders.
- Learn about best practices and emerging trends.
- Try out new skills in a safe and encouraging environment.
- Set a personal learning agenda to deepen your knowledge and fill your gaps.
- Come away with an unmatched peer group—and expert mentor—for support, ideas, and guidance.
You’ll gain the competence and confidence to lead—in your foundation, in your community, and in your field—and you’ll return to your foundation ready to ask thoughtful questions, make meaningful contributions, and strengthen your giving.
More than 50 hours of learning!
- Breadth: Training Intensive, June 12–13, 2017, Washington, DC
- Depth: 2017 CONNECT Conference, October 15–17, 2017, Denver, CO
- Individual focus: Personal learning agenda
- Expert guidance: Monthly mentoring and access to knowledgeable staff and top-selling publications.
- Connections: Online community
See program details.
Congratulations to our Next Gen Fellows Program alumni.
Mentoring is an important component of the program, and we are looking for volunteers to serve as mentors for these future leaders. The commitment involves participation in a training webinar to share ideas for how to be great mentors, and then to connecting with your matched Next Gen Fellow at least monthly, July through December of this year. The key to being a successful mentor is acting as a thoughtful listener, good question-asker, and responsive sounding board.
If you’re interested, apply today!